Thursday, December 22, 2011

An Ornamental Snack



I made this snack for R.  She loves strawberry jelly and cream cheese.  I cut the bread with a biscuit cutter and then cut a tiny square out of extra bread to make the top of the ornament.  Then I spread strawberry Polaner All Fruit over the top.  I put a little cream cheese into a sandwich bag and cut the corner off to pipe the designs on the ornament. 


This snack is great to share with just about any Christmas book.  Here are two that we enjoyed this week:


Christmas is Here! by Siobhan Ciminera.  This is a Strawberry Shortcake easy reader.  I love this book to go along with this snack because the book has directions to make a strawberry ornament (made with paper, not strawberries!).  Thanks to Almost Unschoolers for recommending this book as part of a series of Christmas books that include crafts or recipes.


The Biggest Christmas Tree Ever by Steven Kroll.  Clayton the town mouse and Desmond the country mouse team up to bring the spirit of Christmas to Mouseville.  We have read a few books in this series by   Steven Kroll and we always enjoy them!

3 comments:

  1. Abby has these books. In fact, I bought The Biggest Christmas Tree Ever recently and then yesterday, we realized we already had one. I guess I really liked it. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With strawberry jam, that's a perfect match for the story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are going to be fun to watch!

    ReplyDelete