Wednesday, December 28, 2011

New Year Snack



This week we are reading The Night Before New Year's by Natasha Wing.  We are big fans of Natasha Wing's books.  In this one, the family is determined to stay awake on New Year's Eve to ring in the new year, but after fun and games and sweets, the little ones are sleepy.  


It always takes a while to get used to the new year, so we are writing, saying, and even eating 2012!





I made this snack with vanilla yogurt, sprinkles, granola, kiwi, and bananas.  The fancy toothpicks for dipping the fruit made it extra special.

7 comments:

  1. Looks fun! I wonder if our library has this book...
    Little Wonders' Days

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Too bad I didn't know about this book before - our library's last working day this year was today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute (as always)! I always spend several months writing the incorrect year, but maybe if I eat it, it will stick with me longer. -- ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't even thought about the new year yet...I'm slow! :) It's right around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the perfect snack for New Year's -- and so healthy too! You ROCK!! Happy New Year! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. That reminds me...I need to go a buy a few poppers tomorrow (unless of course you have an idea of how to make our own). :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are fun books! I haven't read this one yet.

    ReplyDelete